QCCP applies to under 50 indiginous/non-indiginous under 65.
Burringilly aims to be an effectgive service provider on behalf of Older and Disabled Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their carers, achieving for them an enriched qulity of life that improves their cultural values, heritage beliefs and thus their DREAMING (PAST-PRESENT-FUTURE).
Queensland Community Care Program is a project which provides a range of flexibility and culturally appropriate services to meet individual needs which allows people the choice to remain in their own homes and prevent premature or inappropriate placement to a Nursing Home or hostel.
- Home Help. Help with housework, cleaning, cooking, shopping etc
- Home maintenance. Help with repairs and other household jobs such as fixing taps and replacing light bulbs
- Meals. Service such as Meals on Wheels provide meals at home or a centre, giving the carer a break
- Respite care. A trained person can look after the person needing care at home or at a centre, giving the care a break
- Transport. Help with transport to shops, medical appointments and respite centres etc
- Other health services. Physiotherapy, podiatry, speech therapy and occupational therapy can be provided at home or at the centre
What costs are involved?
Our program receives funding from the Queensland Community Care Program. Costs are $10 per unit (visit) per day. This will be explained to you at your first home visit.
Contributions are encouraged to enable our organistion to provide more services to more people.
Who can make referrals?
- Self, relative, Carer
- Neighbours & friends
- Doctors and Hospitals
- Other community organisations
- Hospital Liaison Officers
Who can use this service?
- Frail older people
- Younger people with disabilities
How does it work?
The co-ordinator will:
- Once a referral is received the co-ordinator will meet with the client to discuss your needs
- Put together a care plan with client and carer
- Meet on a regular basis to ensure the care plan is meeting your needs
- Trained Carers will provide the required assistance
Help with minor repairs and other household jobs such as fixing taps and replacing light bulbs.
Cost will be determined on repairs done. We also offer a lawn mowing service which costs $10 per mow on a 3 week cycle.
A user of QCCP has a number of rights, which QCCP providers should recognise. These are:
- The right to be treated with respect and courtesy
- The right to be informed and to give your views
- The right to be part of the decisions about your care
- The right to receive quality service
- The right to privacy and confidentiality
- The right to an advocate
- The right to make a complaint